Trailridge Runners 4WD Club Newsletter
Trailridge Runners 4WD Club
Longmont, CO 80502
June 2023 Newsletter
Club forum, email to firstname.lastname@example.org, which will go to all TRR members
Wednesday June 14th, 7:00pm to 9:00pm
Moose Lodge #1548, 2200 Pratt Street, Longmont, CO 80501
Open to all members and guests.
The lodge is one street west of main, between 21st and 23rd on Pratt Street.
We'll be in the north hall. Folks who arrive early will need to enter at the main entrance, take the 2nd left, off the lobby, enter the middle hall and continue north to the north hall. The front door is a key card door but there is a button for the bar tenders to open the door. Those that arrive early can prop the door open on east side of the north hall so folks can park on the east side of the building and enter through that door.
|6:30pm to 6:59pm - Board Meeting
- Report on options for member recognition (Kat, Ray)
- Review Gordon H proposal to purchase a portable Honda 2000 generator for projects.
- Discussion on how we want to proceed with WhatsApp.
- Discussion on Market Research on new trip leaders concerns. Develop a questionnaire.
- Latest on how to develop trips.
|7:00pm to 9:00pm - Meeting
- Introduce guests.
- North Lake Powel four wheeling presentation.
- Welcome new members.
- Board meeting update.
- Treasurers report.
- Club Express update. Feedback on forum creation handouts.
- Planning for the Middle St. Vrain fencing project.
- Planning for Kelly Flats trip.
- Planning for Spring Creek trip.
- Trip planning.
- Review of the Memorial Day Picnic.
- Review of the Miller Rock trip.
- New/Other business.
- Close meeting.
- Open discussion.
|Past Meeting Minutes
|Past Board Meeting Minutes
- Club discretionary fund discussed. Possibly $200 to $400. Will propose this for next year’s budget.
- Board will work on a survey to collect feedback on concerns with being trip leaders.
- Will do the 4WD Book Raffle (Chuck Wells books, both volumes for Colorado, Arizona, and Utah) at the Memorial Day Picnic. One ticket per adult (over 18 years old) attending. Must be present to win. Raffle will be drawn at 2:00pm. Discussed distribution process for the tickets. TRR board members will have tickets at the picnic.
|Past Meeting Minutes
- We had 24 members attend the May meeting.
- Mike M announced there will be a Celebration of Life service for Elaine Gray at Vineyard Longmont Church, 1312 Main Street, Longmont, CO 80504, on Saturday, June 10th at 10:00 AM.
- No guest.
- No new members.
- Reviewed board meeting topics. See above.
- Treasurers report was read by Rich H.
- Roger B presented handout for adding forums to trips entered on the club calendar. Some single day events do not have forums yet.
- Gordon H is working with Matt H of the Boulder Ranger District on the seasonal opening and buck and rail fence project on the Middle St. Vrain 4WD road in June. He sent Matt H an email, no response yet.
- Gary B is hosting the Memorial Day Club Picnic. The event is on the club calendar. Please register. Picnic will start at noon May 29. Bring a pot luck item, chairs, and easy up shade if you have it. Gary will provide the meat, soda and water, and utensils. The raffle of Chuck Wells books will be at 2:00pm.
- Mike M made a motion to do a trip leader incentive program. The first two first time leaders will receive $75 from the club for leading a trip. Proposal is to pull $150 from the general budget for this program. Second by James H. Motion passed. A forum post has also been made about this program.
- The board will be working on a survey on why club members are reluctant to lead trips.
- Gordon H discussed the option of getting a portable Honda 2000 generator to complement our larger generator. It would be used for most projects, leaving the larger generator for projects when jackhammers are needed.
- There are still opening for trips on the club calendar.
- James H reviewed the Switzerland Trail trip. Nice day to go four wheeling. They had 12 jeeps that did Switzerland, including climbing up Knob Hill. After the trip a smaller group went to Gordon Gulch and did the mud hole.
- Motion to close meeting, Debbie T, second by Mark G.
- WhatsApp communication tool presentation by Don L.
- Open discussion.
|Deadline for next Newsletter is June 26th
The following people are signed up to bring club refreshments for the club meeting.
Jun – Mike Cohan
Jul – Gawrysh's
Aug – Mark Grayson
Sep – Katherine Fuller
Oct – Schwall’s
Nov – (Moose Lodge)
Dec – Paula Kratzer / Adam Mehlberg
|Recent Trip Articles
See our club web page photo albums for pictures of trips.
©Copyright - Trailridge Runners 4WD Club Inc. - 1985-2023