Trailridge Runners 4WD Club Newsletter
Trailridge Runners 4WD Club
Longmont, CO 80502
July 2023 Newsletter
Club forum, email to firstname.lastname@example.org, which will go to all TRR members
Wednesday July 12th, 7:00pm to 9:00pm
Moose Lodge #1548, 2200 Pratt Street, Longmont, CO 80501
Open to all members and guests.
The lodge is one street west of main, between 21st and 23rd on Pratt Street.
We'll be in the north hall. Folks who arrive early will need to enter at the main entrance, take the 2nd left, off the lobby, enter the middle hall and continue north to the north hall. The front door is a key card door but there is a button for the bar tenders to open the door. Those that arrive early can prop the door open on east side of the north hall so folks can park on the east side of the building and enter through that door.
|6:30pm to 6:59pm - Social Time
|7:00pm to 9:00pm - Meeting
- Introduce guests.
- Welcome new members.
- Treasurers report.
- Kilgour Fund report.
- Board meeting update.
- Update on cleanup of Documents section of web page.
- Club Express update.
- New/Other business.
- Ray’s Extravaganza.
- Planning for the Spring Creek trip. Possible leader shadow.
- Planning for Red Cone and Radical Hill trip.
- Planning for St Johns and SOB Hill trip.
- Planning for Silverton trip.
- Other trip planning.
- Review of the Middle St. Vrain fencing project and seasonal opening.
- Review of Kelly Flats trip.
- Close meeting.
- Open discussion.
|Past Meeting Minutes
|Past Board Meeting Minutes
- Working on a survey to collect feedback on concerns with being trip leaders.
- Discussed Gordon H proposal to purchase a Honda 2200 portable generator for club projects.
- Ray C bill bring a box to the meetings to collect 4 wheeling items people would like to donate to be given away at future meetings.
- Talked about the full size vehicle trails that require an OHV sticker. The list has been increased, more added on the South Park Ranger District, as well as other districts.
- Mike M will be reorganizing the Documents section of the web site to improve finding documents people will be looking for.
- Discussed using Whats App for communication on multi day trips. Will continue through this year. May propose Whats App as official communication tool for trip coordination next year.
|Past Meeting Minutes
- North Lake Powell presentation by Capt. Ray Golden. Ray had handouts and answered questions about trip costs and stay lengths.
- No guest.
- No new members.
- Mike M thanked all who have brought snacks to the club meetings.
- Reviewed board meeting topics. See above.
- Treasurers report was read by Rich H.
- Kathy H is working on getting meeting name tags made for all the new members.
- Ray C did his first Extravaganza Give Away of a tree strap. Mark G won this first give away. More to come at future meetings. (Must be present to win!)
- Discussed possible trip in May or November to Ticaboo, Utah and the North Lake Powell area.
- Gordon H proposed purchasing a portable Honda 2200 generator for around $1,200 to complement our larger generator. It would be used for most projects, leaving the larger generator for projects when jackhammers are needed. Second by Mike C. Motion passed.
- Talked about using Whats App through the rest of the year for trip communication before making an official change to this tool for club trips.
- Kat B and the board are working on a survey to research why people are reluctant to lead trips.
- Gordon H gave a review of the Boulder Ranger District OHV meeting (first one in a while). Many new people at the Boulder office. They are all going through training. There was some talk about Lefthand Canyon. The grant money for Lefthand Canyon needs to be spent by June 2024.
- Gordon H went over planning for the buck and rail fence project on the Middle St. Vrain 4WD road June 17th. Some materials were delivered to the host site. We will build as much fencing along the water holes as we can.
- James H went over planning for the Kelly Flats trip.
- Mike M talked a bit about Kat’s Spring Creek trip.
- Kathy H went over the plans for the Labor Day cookout at the Moose Lodge.
- Gary B reviewed of the Memorial Day Picnic. Great weather. We had plenty of food and a large showing of members.
- Gordon H reviewed the Miller Rock trip. There was a lot of traffic on the road. The first obstacle on the way up has changed. They did not go down to the main obstacle.
- George G reminded everyone to keep those behind you in sight on trips. Wait at intersections to make sure people following know which way to go.
- Motion to close meeting, Greg B, second by Dan T.
- Open discussion.
|Deadline for next Newsletter is July 26th
Guide Book Raffle Winner
Congratulation to Steven Hughes, winner of the set of FunTreks guide books.
The following people are signed up to bring club refreshments for the club meeting.
Jul – Gawrysh's
Aug – Mark Grayson
Sep – Katherine Fuller
Oct – Schwall’s
Nov – (Moose Lodge)
Dec – Paula Kratzer / Adam Mehlberg
|Recent Trip Articles
See our club web page photo albums for pictures of trips.
©Copyright - Trailridge Runners 4WD Club Inc. - 1985-2023