Trailridge Runners 4WD Club Newsletter
Trailridge Runners 4WD Club
Longmont, CO 80502
September 2023 Newsletter
Club forum, email to email@example.com, which will go to all TRR members
Wednesday September 13th, 7:00pm to 9:00pm
Moose Lodge #1548, 2200 Pratt Street, Longmont, CO 80501
Open to all members and guests.
The lodge is one street west of main, between 21st and 23rd on Pratt Street.
We'll be in the south hall. Folks who arrive early will need to enter at the main entrance, take the 2nd left, off the lobby, enter the middle hall and continue south to the south hall. The front door is a key card door but there is a button for the bar tenders to open the door. Those that arrive early can prop the door open on east side of the south hall so folks can park on the east side of the building and enter through that door.
|6:30pm to 6:59pm - Social Time
|7:00pm to 9:00pm - Meeting
- Introduce guests.
- Welcome new members.
- Treasurers report.
- Board meeting update.
- Club Express update.
- New/Other business.
- Ray’s Extravaganza.
- Planning for Ladies Run to Santa Fe Peak.
- Planning for Cody Wyoming trip.
- Planning for T-33 Crash site trip.
- Planning for Caribou trip.
- Planning for Moon Gulch trip.
- Other trip planning.
- Review of the Red Cone and Radical Hill trip.
- Review of the Moab Utah trip.
- Review of Pass Hoppers trip.
- Review of Labor Day Picnic.
- Close meeting.
- Silverton trip slide show.
- Open discussion.
|Past Meeting Minutes
|Past Board Meeting Minutes
- Survey to collect feedback on concerns with being trip leader is available. Forum post on our website has link to survey. Ten respondents so far.
- Whats App worked well in Silverton for communication between club members.
- Mike M said there has been good interest in a trip to North Lake Powell in the spring of 2024.
- Mike M requested that people interested in, or planning on going on a trip should register for the trip so the leaders know how many will be attending. Also, remove your registration if your plans change so the leaders know.
|Past Meeting Minutes
- Thanks to Mark Grayson for bringing August meeting snacks.
- No guests.
- No new members.
- Ray C will bring a box to the meetings to collect 4 wheeling items people would like to donate to be given away at future meetings.
- Treasurers report was read by Mike M.
- Gordon H has purchased the Honda generator for $1,300. This is a smaller portable one to use on projects that will run our 1/2" drills.
- Dan T received the first “New Leader” award of $75 for leading trips during the Silverton event.
- Roger B gave Club Express update. We have 61 family members.
- Adam M will research options for reinvesting our two CDs that will come due in October.
- Shadowing the leader of upcoming trips is still an option. Ask the leaders if interested.
- Ray C did the Extravaganza Give Away. We had enough donations to do two give aways.
Marc L won a GMRS hand held radio.
Steven H won a folding shovel.
(Must be present to win!)
- Kat F posted a link in the general forum for the survey to research why people are reluctant to lead trips.
- Kathy H went over the plans for the Labor Day cookout at the Moose Lodge. Bring a way to keep your dish cold if needed. Bring your own drinks, club will provide the meat. Twenty-eight have signed up so far.
- Planning for Red Cone and Radical Hill trip. Meeting location added to calendar. See club calendar for details.
- Planning for Moab trip. 15 people signed up so far. Trips to the La Sal Mountains planned. One day for possible raft trip.
- Planning for Red Elephant and Bill More Lake. Date is August 27th. See club calendar for details.
- Planning for Pass Hoppers trip over Labor Day Weekend. Will do Middle Bald Mountain then over to Walden to run roads on Independence Mountain, the New Ellis Jeep Trail, Hahn’s Peak, Farwell Mountain, and back over Buffalo Pass out of Steamboat Springs.
- Planning for Ladies Run to Santa Fe Peak out of Montezuma. Meet at the Keystone Ski Resort parking lot.
- Planning for Cody Wyoming. Five people signed up so far. Base out of Cody. Will do Morrison Jeep Trail and Goose Lake. See club calendar for more details.
- Kat F reviewed the Spring Creek trip. Plenty hard. Lots of skid plate dragging. Returned down Saxon Mountain, which is still narrow and switchbacks.
- Matt S reviewed the Silverton trip. Six days of trips including Stony Pass, Kite Lake and Buffalo Boy Mine, Yankee Boy Basin, Cinnamon Pass and American Basin (lots of Side by Sides), Picayune and Placer Gulch. Did Mineral Creek for some fishing, Bolam Pass, Ophir Pass, and Red Mountain Pass for some old mine building exploration.
- Motion to close meeting, Greg B, second by Matt S.
- Open discussion.
|Deadline for next Newsletter is September 26th
The following people are signed up to bring club refreshments for the club meeting.
Sep – Katherine Fuller
Oct – Schwall’s
Nov – (Moose Lodge)
Dec – Paula Kratzer / Adam Mehlberg
Meeting Night Dinner
There is a casual get together for dinner at 5:00 pm at the Las Palmeras restaurant in Longmont. Contact Greg B at 303-776-1148 or text message to 720-353-9416 to let him know you will be attending. Reservation is under “Greg”.
|Recent Trip Articles
See our club web page photo albums for pictures of trips.
©Copyright - Trailridge Runners 4WD Club Inc. - 1985-2023